Christmas Cruise Expedition Antarctica: Endeavour. Take the Christmas holiday of a lifetime – an 11-day expedition exploring the wonders of Antarctica, the Great White Continent. Set foot on the Antarctic Peninsula, spot seals resting on the icefloe and witness seabirds nesting along the great landscapes that must be seen to be believed. Marvel at the surrounds of the ice-capped mountain ranges and be inspired as you explore bays filled with immense icebergs and glaciers. Visit penguin rookeries, spot minke and humpback whales and enjoy regular Zodiac excursions for up-close wildlife encounters. After a day of exploration, relax in in the ship’s heated saltwater pool, sauna or book into the health spa on board. Onboard experts, ample space and five-star lashings make this a Christmas adventure to remember.
Up to 20% OFF Antarctica on now
Save up to 20% when you book an eligible Antarctica 2020/21 season voyage. Hurry, offer ends March 31, 2019.
Terms & Conditions
- Ushuaia, Argentina
- Ushuaia, Argentina
- Antarctica, Argentina
- Physical rating
- Min 8
- Group size
- Min 1, Max 200
Why you’ll love this trip
- The festive season is one of the most active times for wildlife and there are plenty of opportunities to see penguins, seals and whales with the midnight sun and our expert polar team leading the way.
- Enjoy the freedom to customise your trip with a wide range of optional activities. In addition to regular Zodiac excursions, choose to explore the water on a kayaking expedition, sign up for a photography masterclass, rejuvenate with some onboard yoga and massage, or camp out overnight like a true polar explorer
- Whereas most polar expeditions of this kind have a crew-to-passenger ratio of ten, fifteen or twenty to one, Peregrine expeditions on the Ocean Endeavour have an expedition crew member for every 8 passengers for a greater personal touch
- Our experienced leaders have made hundreds of polar voyages. Learn about the history, geography and wildlife of the Antarctic from experts in marine biology, glaciology and history
- Rest assured you will leave only footprints behind. Your Antarctica expedition is carbon offset, and we serve only sustainably-sourced seafood, avoid single-use plastics and use biodegradable and phosphate-free cleaning products on board
- This is the perfect adventure for solo travellers, with single cabins at the same price as some twins
Is this trip right for you?
Although our ice strengthened ships are big and sturdy, Antarctic waters can be unpredictable and rough. Some people may experience seasickness, especially through the Drake Passage and other open water crossings. Please be prepared with medications to combat this. There is also a doctor on board should you need further assistance.
- As you’d expect, temperatures in the Antarctic can be freezing. And yet it can get surprisingly warm at times – when the sun comes out, for instance, or with increased physical activity. It is wise to dress in layers when you journey outside. We provide you with waterproof boots that are sturdy and warm. Please see the trip notes for further important information about what to bring.
- Weather depending, you will be making regular excursions in a Zodiac boat to explore the local area and look for wildlife. It can get very cold and wet on the Zodiac, so make sure you are dressed appropriately and that you keep your camera safe and dry. Sturdy sea legs are needed as you make wet and dry landings from the boat, and on steep terrain, snow and other uneven surfaces. The Ocean Endeavour has a lift, but you will need to take stairs to get to the gangway and some other parts of the ship that the lift does not provide access to.
- The weather plays a pivotal part in this adventure, and although there’s an itinerary in place, there are no guarantees that you’ll be able to do everything that is planned for. A level of flexibility and openness to embracing the unexpected are important in expedition travel, especially in such a remote area. There are nearly 200 recognised sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands; the places mentioned in the itinerary may need to be changed to others (which are equally as interesting). We may also be confined to the ship during rough weather. The onboard library and educational lectures are ideal ways for keeping entertained.
Ocean Endeavour 2020
On this itinerary, you’ll be travelling on the Ocean Endeavour 2020
View ship information